Start date: Mars 2021
Accreditation: meets the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Study mode and duration:
MSc: 36 months
PgDip: 24 months
PgCert: 12 months
Study with us:
- study in your own time using online materials via video, podcasts, webinars and presentations
- complete an individual project with an industry theme or aligned to engineering research at Strathclye
- benefit from specialist technical classes to tailor your learning needs
Why this course?
Our distance learning course enables you to complete a Masters degree online, without studying at our Oxford International Academy . This means you can study while balancing your work and family commitments. This option is suitable for students located anywhere in the world.
Modules are taught using online material (eg by video, podcasts, webinars and presentation), meaning you can study at a time that suits you.
You’ll have full access to all class materials and will be able to chat with your class tutors and fellow students via email, online forums and live webchats. We also have dedicated staff who can answer any questions you have, supporting you through your studies.
Advanced Mechanical Engineering (Distance Learning)
You'll take 180 credits made up of 120 credits of taught modules and 60 credits individual project. The part-time MSc course spans 36 months (typically) as follows:
- Year 1 - 60 credits of taught classes
- Year 2 - 60 credits of taught classes
- Year 3 - 60 credits dissertation