Postgraduate Diploma in Ophthalmology :
- 290 hours of learning content - flexible you can begin any time
- CPD 290 hours
- Case-study based assessment
- Course certified by OXFORD INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY FOR ADVANCED COURSES
Eye-related complaints make up a fair share of primary care clinic visits. Knowledge of how to respond when these patients present is fundamental for the General Physician, as is recognising when to refer to an ophthalmologist for further care. It is important for General Physicians to be able to recognise eye conditions that can lead to visual loss, therefore requiring urgent referral to the ophthalmologist. A thorough history and physical is core in making a diagnosis and determining the urgency of the eye condition.
Our Diploma programmes benefit greatly from the diversity of our international participants and our world-class experts who design and facilitate our programmes
3 good reasons to study the Postgraduate DiplomaOphthalmology:
- Our course equips you with the necessary theory and skills to develop mastery in the clinical and service aspects of ophthalmology
- You’ll have greater confidence and knowledge to better manage your patients. You’ll also be further recognised and appreciated by clinical colleagues, as having a special interest and skill set in ophthalmology
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet other doctors and medical staff on the course – from the UK and worldwide – building your international network
Postgraduate Diploma in Ophthalmology
We welcome applications from healthcare practitioners around the world. The course is accessed online, so you must have access to a computer and the internet.
The formal entry requirements are:
- Possession of an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)*
Eligibility: MBBS graduates
There are no eligibility requirements for international candidates.