- The Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases
- 310 hours of learning content
- CPD Hours:310
- Case-study based assessment
- Students who have been awarded the Postgraduate Diploma will normally be eligible for admission to the MSc in Paediatric Infectious Diseases
- Course certified by by OXFORD INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY FOR ADVANCED COURSES
The Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases is a one-year ,Online.
The Programme draws on world-class research and teaching in paediatric infectious diseases and offers a unique opportunity to gain an understanding of the principles that underpin paediatric infection, the ways in which those principles have developed, and to translate this understanding into good clinical and research practice.
Who is this course for?
The Programme will appeal to doctors who have experience in paediatrics, including:
- Specialist trainees in paediatric infectious diseases or relevant medical subspecialties
- Clinical research fellows
- open for international candidates.
Applicants should have an appropriate medical qualification equivalent to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery), demonstrable work experience, and motivation and ability to complete the Programme.
Worldwide, two thirds of the deaths in children under five years of age are caused by infectious diseases, and the prevention and treatment of infections in children is the number one priority for global health.
Reflecting this imperative, we recognise that investment in research and intervention programmes related to leading causes of childhood morbidity and mortality, including acute respiratory infections, measles, infectious diarrhoea, malaria, HIV, and TB is vitally important. We believe that professionally-oriented education in paediatric infectious diseases is essential in the training of clinicians and clinical academics who will provide the future leadership in this key area for global health.
The Postgraduate Diploma also places the practice of paediatric infectious diseases in the broader context of applied sciences, such as pathogenesis, population biology and epidemiology. The Programme focuses on clinical (applied) aspects, underpinned by basic science to provide both breadth and depth.
- Infectious Syndromes
- Therapeutics and Infection Control
- Epidemiology, Immunity and Immunization
- Bacterial Infections
- Imported and Tropical Diseases and Mycobacterial Infection
- Congenital and Neonatal Infection, Sexually Transmitted Disease, and Parasitic Disease
- The Immunocompromised Host
- Fungal Infection
The course directs students through the syllabus required in the EU for clinical training in the subspecialty. The Programme will also be appropriate for those outside the EU.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases is supported by the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), the Paediatric European Network for Treatment of AIDS (PENTA), and the IIC Course: Oxford.